Stay informed with the latest updates on Cyclone Biparjoy, including its impact, rescue operations, and relief efforts. Get real-time news on affected areas, weather conditions, and humanitarian responses to this powerful cyclone.
Here are the latest news related to Cyclone Biparjoy:
- Cyclone Biparjoy weakens into a very severe cyclonic storm: Cyclone Biparjoy has weakened into a very severe cyclonic storm as it moves towards the Pakistan coast. The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has said that the cyclone is now located about 380 kilometers south of Karachi and is expected to make landfall on Thursday evening. The PMD has also warned of heavy rains, thunderstorms, and winds in Karachi and other parts of Sindh.
- Over 30,000 people evacuated from coastal areas: Authorities in Pakistan have evacuated over 30,000 people from coastal areas ahead of the landfall of Cyclone Biparjoy. The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has said that the evacuation process is ongoing and that over 100 relief camps have been set up in coastal areas.
- Army and navy deployed to help with relief and rescue operations: The Pakistan Army and Navy have been deployed to help with relief and rescue operations in the wake of Cyclone Biparjoy. The army has said that it has deployed over 10,000 troops to coastal areas and that the navy has deployed over 20 ships to help with relief and rescue operations.
The government has urged people to remain calm and cooperate with the authorities. The government has also said that it is providing all possible assistance to the affected people.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- If you live in a coastal area, be prepared to evacuate if necessary.
- Have a plan in place for how you will communicate with family and friends if the power goes out.
- Stock up on food, water, and other essentials.
- Be aware of the dangers of downed power lines and flooding.
- Do not drive through flooded areas.
- Follow the instructions of the authorities.